YDSA Northern Forum 2022 | March 3rd
Published: 10 February 22
The Spring 2022 Northern Forum will be focussing on Steel hulls - Corrosion in detail and surface preparation.
AM: Mr Stan Edge of UHP Blast (UK) Ltd will cover topics including:
- Steel surface preparation techniques and the advantages of high-pressure water blasting over conventional abrasive grit blasting.
AM: Dr Jane Lomas (FICorr), Honorary Secretary of the Institute of Corrosion and highly experienced corrosion and coatings consultant, will cover topics including:
- Basic corrosion science
- Common corrosion mechanisms; galvanic, crevice, pitting, deposition, corrosion under deposit/lagging, stress corrosion and cracking
- Methods for preventing or managing corrosion, including Inhibitors/passivation
- Corrosion and environmental conditions
PM: Dr Tony Rizk, holds a PhD in Corrosion Science from the University of Manchester and has over 27 years of experience in MIC and a biogenic souring in the oil and gas industry, plus a number of publications. Dr Rizk will be covering:
- Microbial Induced corrosion
PM: Question and Answer session led by Dr Jane Lomas & Dr Tony Rizk
Tea/coffee and lunch will be provided. 4 PM finish.