Yacht Brokers, Surveyors and Designers Association
GENERAL: We represent 2 professional membership associations – the Association of Brokers and Yacht Agents (ABYA) and the Yacht Designers and Surveyors Association (YDSA) – under the over-arching association of the Yacht Brokers, Designers and Surveyors Association (the Association). Each has approx 175 members.
We are looking for someone who will get involved with our work to expand the work of our members and to support and develop our membership offering and increase membership engagement.
PURPOSE: • To work with the CEO and other YBDSA staff members to plan, develop and implement all aspects of the YBDSA’s membership strategy which looks to support existing members as well as identify new members, in order to increase our membership base and to create a sustainable membership package that our members value.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INCLUDE: • Engagement To work alongside the Marketing Executive to create appropriate membership engagement platforms in order to understand member priorities and develop strategies for increased membership satisfaction.
• CPD To support members through appropriate training options so that they fulfil their membership obligations. To work with our Training Academies to support membership development and to support members association career aspirations.
• Renewals and New Members To support the YDSA and ABYA membership panels in dealing with new membership applications as well as membership upgrade applications. Take enquiries on new memberships and support new members more directly once in the association. To run the membership renewal process.
• Meetings Plan and coordinate committee meetings as well as support the planning of the Annual General Meeting. Meetings are currently held virtually but normally are held face to face. Support the Events Coordinator in membership matters where Association events are delivered. Our meeting are a critical part of membership engagement.
• Marketing To support the Marketing Executive in the promotion of all membership activities and those of the association to increase value to members individual businesses.
• Membership Package To work alongside existing stakeholders to develop a tangible membership package which adds value to the association membership. To identify new stakeholders which are able to support the membership with their services.
SKILLS: • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Ability to collaborate with all areas of the Association and to provide exceptional service both internally and externally • Ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of members and stakeholders • Knowledge of the marine industry would be invaluable • Some event organisation experience would also be invaluable • Willing to learn with a “Can-Do” attitude